12.16.2009

interior inspiration : science lab.












There is something I truly love about eccentric homes, especially ones filled with vintage oddities. It's rather inspiring when people break away from conventional modern design and fill their homes with old treasures and items that can be both ugly and beautiful at the same time. My favorites are usually the spaces filled to the brim with specimens, test tubes, old dusty science books, and taxidermy (which even as a vegetarian, I have a deep love for.) Science rules!

Sources (from top to bottom): New York Times, Melissa Kaseman, The Selby, Design*Sponge: Katarina Andersson, New York Times, Design*Sponge: Uxus, James Merrell, Johnny Miller, New York Times, and Christine Rudolph.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your recent Times Online design blog ranking. I found via Twitter http://property.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/property/interiors/article6953167.ece

    Yay for PDX love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, these remind me of the nature lab at RISD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo! I love all of these. I would like to spend a day looking at all of these places, so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn right! Science rules and so do those rooms! I just found your blog via Times Online, congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these images and spaces, esp. the second to last image. The details are so interesting, but to actually see people using the space makes it feel so...real.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these home shots! What do you call those glass globes that several of them are using? You know the things you enclose terrariums in? They are so cool, I want to find some online!

    Love your site!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...